Tuesday, January 24, 2012

22 weeks


This past week I have actually been feeling pretty good. Of course I'm still on the medication keeping me from throwing up, but it feels like I'm getting a little better. I've slowly weened myself down to 1 pill a day, which is a big accomplishment for me I think! I still get pretty nauseous here and there, but it's getting easier to handle.

Weight gain is a slow process.. thank goodness! Haha! I've still only gained a few pounds so at least for now I'm on track.

Noah has been very active lately, especially yesterday. We've been able to see the slightest movement on the outside of my belly when he kicks. And his kicks are getting stronger everyday, which means ouch for momma, but daddy is enjoying feeling them. I read on whattoexpect.com that the baby should be about 1 lbs this week. But since he was about 11 oz 2 weeks ago, he may be slightly bigger! ha! He's going to be a big one! :-)

In my birthing class they talked about the more active the baby is the better. That makes me feel good. And I've already started counting his movements every evening to make sure I feel 10 kicks in a hour. Normally when he starts at it, I can get a good 15-20 or so in 15 mins! So that is pretty comforting... emotionally!

We keep getting more and more ready for him, even though we've got a ways to go. My mom has been 'controlling' herself, and only getting a few things every-so-often. But it's nice to start stocking up. And Daniel's oldest sister Laura has been amazing with sharing all of her baby boy stuff with us, and still has more to give! We are truly blessed with wonderful families. Noah's little (TINY!) room will be full before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment